Magento was founded in 2001 and has formed a recent partnership with eBay that has enhanced its growing community of developers who are constantly improving and creating new features, extensions, and modules. Magento has been praised for having the best technical support teams of any eCommerce platform. Magento is ideally suited for companies that need a professional online store presence. Magento supports the Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
Magento is a feature-rich, professional open-source eCommerce solution that offers merchants complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of their online store. Magento’s powerful marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and catalog-management tools give merchants the power to create eCommerce sites that are tailored to their unique business needs.
– Magento can handle multiple stores, while OpenCart cannot.
– Magento lets merchants offer and honor discount codes.
– Magento has top of the line built-in SEO (search engine optimization) features, including SEO-friendly URLs. OpenCart also offers SEO tools, but not to the power or extent of Magento’s.
– Magento also allows customers to create wishlists and compare products
– Magento offers a wide range of reporting options, including sales, search, low stock, and inventory reports